Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pigeons are the Spawn of Satan!

Anybody that knows me knows I'm a huge animal lover. I can even tolerate cats *shudder*. The one animal I can not stand are birds. Particularly pigeons.

Smug winged bastard.

I don't know. There is something about these creatures that just scream evil to me. They terrify me. About three months ago Kyle and I were sitting in our living room when we heard scratching and flapping coming from the vent above our heads. The only thing that is above us is an empty dormer that is only there for decoration purposes, since we're on the third floor. We start noticing that pigeons are coming and sitting on the ledge just outside of our window so we put two and two together and figure they're building a nest. I call the leasing office and ask if they can come shut up the dormer so the pigeons can't get into it. I figure they've just started building, haven't laid eggs yet, they'll come back to a shut up home and have to birth their spawn elsewhere.
My living room is under the gate to hell.

I am informed they'll have to call an outside company and they'll need to get on the roof. Well, this being Colorado it snowed at the end of April/beginning of May. I never heard anything else and the pigeons were quiet so I figured it'd been taken care of. Fast forward two weeks they start rustling around again. I call the leasing office and they inform me they'll send someone to spray a chemical to get rid of them the next day. Two days later we hear them again so I call the leasing office. They're very irritated with me at this point but say they'll come spray again.

Again, fast forward  a couple weeks, we hear a little bit of noise here and there but nothing major. I come home today and hear this wonderful sound...

Pardon the Transformer music in the back.

FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT! I've called the leasing office and left them a message. "Hello, this is Sierra ____ from apartment ____ the pigeons I've been asking you guys to take care of for three months have now had babies. They have been chirping non-stop for an hour now. I know you're having pest control out on Friday to take care of the wasps nest on my deck, I'm hoping they can also take care of this issue that maintenance hasn't been able to correct. Please contact me on the issue." I'm currently awaiting the honey to wake up from a nap so we can go eat dinner and I can get out of here before I start tearing down the vent to get in there and murder them all.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sierra... The link to the Harry Potter cross stitch design page is in the post on my blog. Scroll down the page til you find Harry and there is a link to a pdf file underneath the sample. The file has the chart and the color key.

    ReplyDelete